Sunday, March 26, 2006

Step 3 - Painting step by step



Enlargement

The edges of the canvas have been masked off to allow a white edge finish at the end and I've now masked off the first area to be painted. Masking saves me having to paint the curves unnecessarily. Masking also allows me to paint specific areas of the canvas wthout painting the whole canvas and then having to overpaint which creates a texture I do not want. I've chosen this area first as it will be the splash part of the pianting and therefore the most messy, its going to be easier to clear up the mess if I do it first rather than wait until later in the painting. I'm sure Pollock would agree, splash first, think later. Its amazing to think the CIA backed Pollock as a way of attacking Communism in the cold war!


No comments:

Post a Comment